gre SHAMBOLLIC: Hanif gk

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hanif

I've always felt this way when most within and turned out, specially so now as before. When the light comes in through the wedge of a tall curtain and I'm sitting on the edge of the bed, looking up - ready for a book. I crave Hanif Kureishi once more. Always have. He's lost not of his immediate pleasure, and neither have I. It's been much water since Buddha and many sniggers of rehashing. Hanif any day or night. I want to know.
posted by Finny Forever at 3:03 PM

6 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Ostrich said...

Some of the stories were so beautifully pointless...actually all of them were...i just had to sigh and give into them and not worry about it too much. Enjoyed them all...I do prefer the novels though.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger WriterLady said...

reading ur blog makes me want to pick up some of his books....im reading complete prose by woody allen at the moment...v pg wodehouse'ish except more sarcastic...any recomm's?

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Finny Forever said...

ostrich: its the crazy shadow of the last success, which is what BoS was for him
writerlady: Then definitely try 'Buddha of the Suburbia'. http://www.faber.co.uk/book_detail.html?bid=15998

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ostrich said...

I really liked The Black Album too. And yeah i was in bangalore for about a week. Not very much has changed except that everyone seems to be making more money! I'm in Cochin having a staring contest with my phone waiting for the visa folk to ring.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Finny Forever said...

wouldn't know about money; but I would expect that the more there is for the making, the less it matters nxt to interests.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Finny Forever said...

but its unnerving the way the money decides the scape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home